Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

On A More Personal Note (To My Children)

Confession

Mea culpa for my part in your sorrows.
Please forgive me that I caused you so much pain.
Know my heart is bereft,
And I know there's nothing left
But a shell of you out standing in the rain.

Please remember that I always did love you,
'Though I know it wasn't easy to see.
I was hiding in myself,
Put my own heart on a shelf.
Please forgive me so your own heart can be free.

Mea culpa that I didn't protect you
And keep all of you safe from harm and hate.
I wanted to be good
Just like a mama should.
But somehow I was always just too late.

3/11/2011

1 comment:

  1. As our Italian friends say, 'Fuggedaboutit'.

    Seriously,

    nice piece and don't sweat it. We're all pretty well adjusted.

    Love ya, moms.

    ReplyDelete